Gmail is one of the chosen webmail services when it comes to creating personal email accounts. This service is a free and reliable webmail owned by Google. At first, Google only invited few people to test their product. But as soon as it saw people being happy about their free product, they decided to open it to the public. Now you can see that almost internet users have their own Gmail.com login account. But before you start signing up for your own account, make sure you know about the benefits and drawbacks of Gmail. This is for you to become a responsible email account holder.
- No cost. This webmail from the start you made it up to the time you are using it is offered freely. No expenses unless you want to do add some special features in your account.
- Storage area. Google gives 10 GB free storage space to every account. This means that storing of emails now is limitless since emails are only KB.
- Easy transfer. When you want to have a new email address, you can easily transfer the important mails and your contact list from the old to the new. There is an import feature to do the task without hassle.
- Accessibility. You can now access your account through mobile and tablets. Google develop mobile application for Gmail to those who want to do emailing using their mobile phones.
What Are the Drawbacks?
- Spam. The biggest problem that is faced mostly by free webmail services. You can get spam daily on your inbox which might be annoying on your part when they clog your inbox.
- Phish. There is no solution given by webmail about this problem and it’s in the hand of the user to be always watchful to phishes.
These are the things that you have to experience with Gmail. Go to www.gmail.com sign up page if you want your own account now.